So, I've gone off to avoid yelling at people, and to refill. And so this post really will be brief. No seriously, Melissa, it will. I swear.
I once posted about the books that changed my life, and turned me into a writer. Like most highly organized, mildly neurotic people, though, I really really like lists, and so I have a lot of other "favorite book" lists. Here's another one for you: my Favorite Childhood Books. Some of these my parents read to me, and some I read on my own. (Yes, there's crossover from my first list. What can I say? These books just rock.)
- The Anne of Green Gables series, by L.M. Montgomery
- A Little House on the Prairie, by Laura Ingalls Wilder
- The Chronicles of Narnia, by C.S. Lewis
- The Lost Prince and A Little Princess, by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien
- A Wrinkle in Time, by Madeline L'Engle
- The Phantom Tollbooth, by Norton Juster
And that's it for today, folks. I'm off to read, hike, yoga (yes I made it into a verb), rest, and refill.
If I don't get to your blog this week, I'll be there next week, I promise. In the meantime, all you commenters, what books do you love when you were a kid?