Well, I've been lucky enough to be nominated for a couple of awards recently, so I decided to create a super-special extra bonus fun-time post. (Read: I'm way overdue on responding to these nominations and so I'm trying to make up for it with an extra post. I know, I'm a procrastinator. I'm sorry.) I'll be back with my normal writing-related post tomorrow.
First up: the Sunshine Award!
I should preface this by saying that I'm going to follow my nominator, the lovely Ashley Nixon's, lead here, and copy what she did...because I don't actually know what the rules are. Ahem.
Fave color: Purple
Fave animal: Just one??? I love animals. Seriously. I'm a nature TV show nerd. I can't think of a better night than curling up to watch the Blue Planet for the 37th time. As I said, I'm a nerd.
Fave number: 6
Fave non-alcoholic drink: apple cider
Fave alcoholic drink: Good Irish whiskey or red wine
Facebook or Twitter: Is it a bad idea to admit via my blog that I think they're necessary evils?
Passions: Writing! Also various politically dangerous topics like guns, the environment, feminism, gay marriage, and so on. (See how I mentioned those without saying what I think about them? Nice and avoidant.)
Prefer giving or getting presents? Giving. Would anyone admit to liking to get them better? That's like saying. "Hi, I'm kind of selfish!"
Fave city? Oh this is too hard to answer. I love my home - Boston - but I also have a love/hate relationship with NYC, and I fell in love a little bit with London, Sienna, and various tiny cities in Vermont, too.
Fave TV Shows: Sherlock (BBC), Elementary (more Sherlock on CBS), Six Feet Under, NATURE SHOWS!
As for nominations, well I'm going to break some rules and combine my noms below. Sorry, artistic privilege.
On to the Liebster Award! Thank you, Adrienne Reiter, for nominating me!
So I'm going to obey Adrienne, here, and follow her rules.
First, 11 random facts about ME:
- I sleep with my feet sticking out of the covers because they get really hot at night.
- Conversely (perversely?), my hands and feet are freezing at all other times.
- I am a huge baseball and football fan, in direct contrast to the fact that I'm also a tree-hugging yogi.
- I was once pick-pocketed while in Rome, but I chased the perps down and got my wallet back. True story.
- I'll try almost any food once, but bugs, amphibians, and invertebrates gross me out. As food items, anyway.
- I was a musical theatre major in college for about a month, until I woke out of my daze and switched to acting. I still secretly love musicals, though.
- I'm afraid of ice. Not the substance itself, but of slipping and falling on it.
- I play guitar.
- I have three tattoos. No, they're not naughty, nor are they Chinese or Japanese characters.
- I have terrible, awful, no-good very bad vision.
- I love all things chocolate and peanut butter.
- What’s the meaning of life? What’s the point?
- What are you best at?
- If you were captured by aliens and put into an arena and they used their power of divination to determine your greatest fear or the one creature/animal/monster fake or real—what would appear out of the shadows to face you?
- Favorite gig of all time?
- How do you boil an egg?
- If you could magic your mind into the body of any living human being on planet Earth, who would it be? (Keep in mind there’s no going back.)
- If a clown jumped out of a van in the street while you were minding your own business and handed you a big pot of pink paint and a big crush, and said, “You mush paint that house over there pink, if you do then you’ll get this,” he shows you the biggest diamond you’ve ever seen in your life, what would you do?
- Favorite food?
- If you were suddenly transformed or transmogrified into a great bowl along with your equivalent selves from every country in the world, and you were asked by God to compete against each other in a variety of sports and test, what self from what country would win and why?
- The best thing you’ve done for another human being?
- What are your long term life goals?
And my answers:
- 42. Obviously. You can also consult this post.
- Effort. I dive into everything I do with everything I have. I can't stand doing things halfway.
- That monster from Pan's Labyrinth. Honestly, when it appeared onscreen I thought someone had ripped it from my subconscious mind. Terrifying.
- Writing full-time. That would be amazing.
- With the power of my mind. Duh.
- Erm, I think I'd rather stay where I am.
- Give me a break. This is SO fake. Since when do clowns have access to gigantic diamonds?
- Bacon, chocolate, peanut butter, sweet potatoes, roasted butternut squash, garlic, olives - oh, was I supposed to choose just one?
- Again, I'll go with 42.
- I can't reveal it, or I'll ruin it.
- Writing. Full-time. Successfully.
And finally, my nominees!!
Check out their blogs!!